Students with Diagnosed Learning Differences
(IEP’s, 504 Accommodation Plans, and Private Educational Evaluations)
爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校 Policy
- Students with diagnosed learning differences are successful at 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校.
- 爱奥那岛准备aratory 较低的学校 is able to support students who need limited accommodations.
- Documented accommodations are considered before student registration at 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校.
- Documented curriculum modifications are not honored by 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校.
- A documented language exemption modification may be honored at the discretion of the 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校 Administration.
Documented Classroom Accommodations Honored at 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校
- Preferential seating
- Copy of class notes
- Use of laptops/tablets for note taking purposes
- Repeating of directions
- Increased wait time for verbal responses
- Bathroom breaks as needed
- Audio Amplification Devices
- Check for understanding
- Submitting of Assignments by email.
- Multi-step directions on assignments.
- Use of Stress Coping Mechanisms in class.
Documented Testing Accommodations honored at 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校
- Extended Time 1.5x和2.0 for all class exams and midterms/final exams
- Large print for all class exams and midterm/final exams
- Revised test directions for all class exams and mid-term/final exams
- Revised/Modified Test Format for all class exams
- Bubble Sheet Exempt - record answers on classroom test, mid-term and final
Process for Requesting Accommodations
- Requests for accommodations will be considered after 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校 has received an evaluation indicating a student’s diagnosis from a qualified professional made within the last two years, which is supported by academic testing or evaluations (WISC, Woodcock-Johnson, 等.).
- Incoming students requesting accommodations should submit documentation with their application for review.
- Current 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校 students who are requesting accommodations should submit documentation to the principal for review.
- 父母 will be contacted for a meeting to discuss accommodations.
Special Education Services
爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校 不 offer any special education services onsite.
The presence of a learning disability 不 automatically guarantee accommodations. 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校 will carefully review all relevant information related to the request for accommodation to determine if the learning disability or medical condition has a significant impact on a student’s learning and performance. If a determination is made to support accommodations, 爱奥那岛准备 较低的学校 will share that information with the student, 他的父母, 和老师. The principal and school counselor will formalize an accommodation plan for the student that will specify the accommodations. The plan will be shared with teachers and parents and it will be reviewed annually.